Pages

Is Manny Pacquiao's pride preventing Floyd Mayweather Jr mega-fight?


From Mayweather Jr's "ducking" to Manny Pacquiao's "afraid of taking the test", we have heard just about every reason why this mega-fight hasn't happened. Well, now you can add Manny's pride to the list. Fellow countryman Nonito Donaire told Fanhouse.com on Friday that he thinks the reason Manny Pacquiao hasn't agreed to Floyd Mayweather Jr's drug testing demands is due to Manny's pride:

"I think that that it was about pride. I think that it's just because it's Floyd Mayweather asking him to do it. If other people had asked him beforehand, he probably would have done it. If it was Fernando Montiel who told me to take a test, I would think, 'Why would you want me to do it? I would think that he was just trying to play with my head. I think that's how Manny sees it, like, 'Why would you tell me to do it?' I think that that's what it all comes down to. I think that a lot of it is pride."

Nonito Donaire

I wonder how the PacNation will respond to Donaire's comments? Pride could certainly play a factor in Manny Pacquiao not agreeing to Floyd Jr's drug testing demands. Donaire does have a point here. If you readers were blatantly attacked for over 1 year in the media and being accused of taking PEDs, how would you readers respond to these accusations?

I certainly would feel a bit of pride and tell the accusers to shove the tests right up their backsides. I get accused of taking steroids just about every day. I used to respond with prideful retorts. Now, I just tell those who spew this ignorance to pay for the drug tests, my gas to drive to the clinic, and something to eat after I give blood.

Manny has compromised on his testing stance. But, I ask this question "why should Manny agree to Floyd Jr's demands?" When has Manny ever failed a test before? Why does Manny have to appease the Mayweather clan and their false accusations?

Pride might be a factor here but Manny continues to fight while Floyd Jr sits on the sidelines. Honestly, who really wants to fight who? Top Rank has an open contract for Floyd Jr to sign. Manny has said he would fight Floyd Jr. But all we hear from Floyd Jr is drug testing this, drug testing that, drugs, drugs, drugs... By the way, how's Floyd Jr's "drug crusade" coming along?

0 comments:

Post a Comment