Pages

Bleacher Report - Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV: Marquez Going for the KO

Bleacher Report - Boxing
Bleacher Report - The open source sports network
Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV: Marquez Going for the KO
Sep 19th 2012, 16:34

When Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao step in to the ring in Las Vegas on Dec. 8 at the MGM Grand, Marquez will attempt to do something that has never been done in their three previous bouts. He will be looking to score a knockout.

According to a recent story by Luis Sandoval of boxingscene.com, the Mexican legend wants to give the fans, what they want:

To do something different. What’s left to demonstrate is logically that the judges raise my hand like they should’ve done the last three fights. Now I think this fight here is the most interesting one because of the same reason that he knows me and I know him. And the one who does things better and different is the one who will win and I think that’s what the people want: to see a clear winner and who is better.

To show whom the clear winner is, Marquez will be looking to stop Pacquiao:

I’m going to try [to knock him out]. Pacquiao is very strong and it’s difficult to knock him out but I’ll try. I’m training very hard on my strength and training very hard on my speed. I’ll try and I’ll be looking to knock him out.

Knocking out Pacquiao won’t be any easy task. Although he has been stopped in the past, it’s been 13 years since the Filipino slugger suffered a third-round knockout in a WBC flyweight title clash with Medgoen Singsurat of Thailand.

Since that knockout loss, Pacquiao has faced some of the toughest fighters in the sport and has become one of the most recognizable fighters in the world.

A knockout win for Marquez should give him some satisfaction since he feels he was short-changed by the judges in their three earlier matchups.

For boxing fans and the fighters, a knockout for either boxer would be a great way to end this historic rivalry between the two future Hall of Fame boxers.

Read more Boxing news on BleacherReport.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment