Pages

ESPN.com - Boxing Blog: Boxer Orlando Cruz a 'proud gay man'

ESPN.com - Boxing Blog
ESPN.com presents Boxing
Boxer Orlando Cruz a 'proud gay man'
Oct 4th 2012, 18:49

Puerto Rican featherweight Orlando Cruz announced Wednesday to the world that he is gay, becoming the first practicing prizefighter to declare he is homosexual. "I've been fighting for more than 24 years and as I continue my ascendant career, I want to be true to myself," Cruz said in a statement after taping a spot on a Telemundo show, which will air Monday. "I want to try to be the best role model I can be for kids who might look into boxing as a sport and a professional career.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment